Cherries

Monday, July 7, 2003

Our Mutts Nursery


Welcome to the Monday after the long holiday weekend, I hope you had a really nice weekend and relaxed more than Dave and I did. As you all know, we are moving and as sucky as that is, we are fortunate enough to have access to the new house early so we can move over a little more time than having to do it all in one weekend. The downside is that long workdays that start while it is still dark outside, traffic, unloading a truck to the new location and arriving home to (pack &) load another truck full leaves little time for dinner, conversation and a shower before going to bed for another early rise. So this sounds like no matter how you season it, moving doesn't taste very good! Laughing!

We did paint the nursery though and I have to say, I am very proud of what we created. We have created a frame from our favorite comic strip Mutts that includes a big tree, green grass, a blue sky, and a vibrant sun. We will create several poses for each character that can be interchanged in the frame to change the story. The other walls are two-tone, pale colors, blue and yellow. Yellow for the upper half of the walls and blue from the floor up to the yellow. To blend where the colors meet, the yellow flows like fire from the sun and the blue blows like the wind around the room. It is really very nice. Here is one of my all-time favorite Mutts comic strips. 

On another note, our very dear friends Ken and Dahlynn were featured in the Sacramento Bee on Saturday in the home living section. More specifically, their back yard was featured. Go West - into a suburban back yard Published on July 5, 2003, Page CL6. It was very cool to be flipping through the paper and see Ken and Dahlynn. I guess this is something I should get used to as they have just completed their Chicken Soup for the Fisherman's Soul book scheduled for release in 2004. Keep your fingers crossed, Hotty Roddy submitted a story that has made it through many rounds of cuts to the final readers. I think I have that correct. There is a good possibility his story could be published. Congratulations!

Instead of a typical motivator, how about some food for thought........ask yourself this, ”How many more genuine friends would I have if we all met one another in the dark?” This just makes me think because no matter how aware we think we are, what prejudices do we have ingrained in us from our upbringing? From our culture? From society? The little things that we think before we even realize we have passed judgment. I know this is true for me and I want to take that little extra effort to realize that I can control what I think, and how I feel, and when I find my self passing judgment, to stop. Simply stop. I hope you have a great week and look forward to hearing from you very soon!

No comments: