Cherries

Monday, July 9, 2007

MM 7/9/2007


Happy Monday everybody!

Do you ever get that feeling that the more things you get to cross off your "to-do" list, the more things there are to do? It feels that way to me. This weekend, we played a little and we worked a little. On Saturday, we attended a party in Foresthill and met some really wonderful people. They roasted a whole pig (that was a sight to see), the kids spent most of the day in the pool, and the rest of us ate good food and enjoyed each others company.

Sunday started off just the way I like it, coffee on the deck in the backyard with the morning paper. Mason was playing with his bulls and Riley was laying at my feet, while all the wildlife seemed to want to watch us. There were hummingbirds, blue jays, butterflies, and squirrels, all scurrying through the trees and other parts of the backyard. Dave was still in bed, but it was Sunday morning after all.

So here is a question:

Do you think it is possible to grow emotionally or spiritually without taking any action?

It is my belief if you are not growing, you are dying. If that is the case, we must constantly be learning new things and implementing changes to experience growth. If you are implementing something, that implies taking action. Is it possible to grow without doing something, new or otherwise? I also believe sometimes that action is stimulated by a wake-up call that is tragic or devastating. Let me know what you think, I am interested to see a different view point or know if you agree.

So we are off and running. I am looking forward to a busy and fruitful week. Yes, my to-do list is growing by the minute! I am including a few pictures from the 4th of July parade in Auburn. Dave was "in the parade" and Mason was so proud!

Have a great week and enjoy this excerpt form Jack Canfield's book The Success Principles. If you are looking for an excellent book to help motivate you to take some action to grow, this is the book! I can't say enough good things about it and I can't put it down. This bit is about the power of your words.


Your Word Has Power.

When you speak with impeccability, your words have power not only with yourself, but also with others. To speak with impeccability is to speak only words that are true, that uplift, and that affirm other people's worth.

As you learn how to speak with impeccability, you'll discover that words are also the basis of all relationships. How I speak to you and about you determines the quality of our relationship.

No comments: