Cherries

Monday, August 18, 2008

Black and White Ball Monday

So, here I am. It's evening, but it's still Monday!

Last week was a busy one. As most of you know, Dave and I have been working all year on the Steering Team for Auburn's Black and White Ball. The ball was Saturday night, and I feel we can call it a success. If you've ever planned a wedding for more than 100, than just imagine multiplying that by 70! Yes, a street party for more than 7000 people, and most of the work is done by volunteers! Dave did so much more physical work than I did that I can't even imagine how tired he must be. The (what seemed like) non-stop work started on Thursday evening, went all day Friday, started again on Saturday morning until 4:30, and then it was showtime.

Steve, Roberta, Mike, Neave, Greg, Heather, Tammy, Greg, Cris, Kelly, Dave and I, all spent some, if not all of the night together. We had dinner, danced, laughed, and all in all had a great time. Little Texas gave us the opportunity to country dance, and Tainted Love reminded us that the music of the 80's is far from dead! We didn't spend much time at the David Martin stage because the night was just too full. The only downside is that our camera was stolen. Maybe lost, but since it has yet to turn up in the lost and found, or any of the other places you or I would take a camera we clearly knew was not ours, I can't help but say stolen. I hope in the coming weeks I can tell you it turned up, but much past tomorrow, I'm losing hope.

Sunday, though exhausted, we all made a little hike to the swimming hole I referenced last week. It was a wonderful way to relax after so much work. After a few hours at the river, we made our way back to the house where we showered, said good-bye to our guests, and immediately fell asleep!

Today it was get Mason off to school, Dave off to work, and my list of things to do was barely dented. I did get groceries though, that was one of those must do today tasks.

No comments: