Cherries

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Farewell 2008!

I'm usually a little sad to see another year pass, but not this time. 2008 has been such a hard year for so many. I will say though, like with all things, we must experience the bad to be able to recognize the good. I've accomplished a great many things this year in spite of a work injury and the accident that left my back aching and my finger broken needing multiple surgeries. I've been reminded that it's the tough times that weed out the weak and help our true characters, for better and worse, to appear and show us how strong we are and what work we still need to do. How has this year shown you who you really are?

Christmas was lovely. Both of our mom's were here and Mason was in grandma heaven! Everyone seemed to enjoy the time together but as usual, Dave worked so hard. I know he loves to cook, but I have to wonder how much of his many hours spent in the kitchen was to stay out of the mix of entertaining the moms! Laughing! We all chipped in and I'm sure this will be a Christmas Mason won't soon forget. What was especially nice was that the gifts were thoughtful, fun gifts but not over the top. Each of us got an instrument, we've all committed to learning to play, and a few other things along with our stockings. Yes, Santa is always very generous with me, this year my nearly three-foot long stocking was filled to more than forty inches! See pictures below.

Have a very happy new year and thank you for all your love and friendship. It means the world to me! Let me send 2008 off with this quote, I think we could all benefit if we could just let go. "For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe. "
— Anonymous

No comments: