Cherries

Monday, March 2, 2009

Rain, Rain, And More Rain!

This week has been SO busy! I've been following up with retailers, created some sample hang tags and mailed them to WI, was called by a producer for a reality TV show, became a statistic when I applied for and was awarded unemployment, and learned we are getting a tax refund.

Saturday we headed up to a nearby Sno Park and did some market research. To enter the park, you have to pay a $5.00 fee and get a permit. We went to the manager, showed her our gloves and not only did we get a free pass to talk to people, but she wants to carry our gloves! It's also entirely possible that because this is a Thousand Trails membership resort, we could end up with connections to many other Thousand Trails locations. I'll keep you posted on this and all the other wonderful connections we're cultivating. Check out this video from our day at the Sno Park. See below.

Finally, on Sunday, we took Mason bowling for the first time. Dave and I bowled in a fun league in 1997, and I don't think we've had our bowling balls out since then. It was really funny that when we paid for our games, I put my rented shoes on and opened my bag to find that apparently, I bought bowling shoes way back when! I didn't know I owned shoes! I find that funny. Anyway, we had lots of fun, all recognized the vast differences between bowling on a lane and bowling with the Wii, and ultimately, it was mom who won both games.

So it's back to work and forward motion. I'm expecting to have our final samples in the next two weeks and then it off to the races. I'm planning a mass sales blitz to take as many orders as I possibly can before we have to place our very first order with our manufacturer! I'm back from the gym, had my coffee, and now I'm off and running! Have a great day, week, and new month! Welcome to March 2oo9!

Take this quote and post it above your desk: "Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do." Shaquille O'Neal

No comments: