Cherries

Monday, April 4, 2011

Persistence Pays Off

Here I am again, coming in under the wire! As I learn to accept that which I cannot change, I am okay with getting my Monday Motivator out under the wire.

School is going well, we are days away from wrapping up orders for ZipperBack Gloves third season, and the best news, the sun has been out and temps have been in the 70s. Add to this there is still tons of snow in the mountains for spring skiing! Whoo-hoo!

I'm going to leave you with a poem from one of Mason's books, Unstoppable Me! 10 Ways to Soar Through Life by Dr. Wayne Dyer. This is an amazing book for kids, but everytime we read it I get a renewed sense of what is possible, too! Yes, Unstoppable Me! (and you, too!)

#2 Persistence Pays Off!

When there's something in your life
that you want to do,
once you begin,
you must follow through.

It's not about talent
or if you are smart;
it's about never quitting
something you start.

Don't tell yourself,
"I can't," or dwell on mistakes;
patience and determination
are really all it takes.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Thanks for sharing that poem. What a great message for kids (and adults) of any age!