Cherries

Monday, August 15, 2011

CrAzY!

What a wild ride it's been! We were supposed to be in LegoLand last weekend but my not-so-sweet son could not seem to get his behavior on track so we didn't go. As I'm sure you can imagine, when you cancel a trip to LegoLand, there are some repercussions. From my perspective, I would have liked to see some remorse and a correction of said bad behavior. Nope! Instead what I got was a note from Mason stating he thinks I don't love him so he is walking away from home. Keep in mind, I got this note on my pillow at bedtime and he had just crawled into his bed as well. I went to his room and asked him why he was waiting until tomorrow to "walk" away from home - most kids "run" away from home. He replied, "What's the hurry? And mom, if you have any last words for me, see me in the morning."

The next morning, Mason followed through on his plan to walk away from home, but he didn't walk, he took his scooter. He packed three bags and his pillow and as he set out, I asked him to please pick up the dog poop first. He looked at me and asked, "How can you be thinking about a thing like dog poop when I am leaving you?" I told him I was sad to see him go, but the dog poop needs to be picked up. He put his bags down and picked up the poop. Dave followed him outside to see him repacking his bags, clearly three bags was just too much stuff for one little boy to walk away from home with. Dave started taking pictures and when Mason realized this, he turned to him and said, "What do you think this is, a happy occasion?"

Dave followed Mason down our street and into downtown when Mason stopped at a bench in front of the theatre. He took his pillow out and took a rest. Dave all the while is behind him snapping pictures of his journey. Mason spotted Dave and got mad, put his pillow back and got back on his scooter headed for Old Town. Dave followed and finally when Mason settled in at the park next to Tsuda's, Dave told him enough and to get in the car. Mason did as he was told and informed Dave that though he wasn't ready to come home, he was glad he didn't have to ride his scooter up the hill.

I have the photos from this journey, but they are on my laptop which is being serviced for a virus. When I get it back, I will post a few of them. Mason is still sure I don't love him, after all, I didn't let him pack all the food in the pantry, "Mom! I can't believe you want me to starve!" No Mason, I do love you. I am teaching you that you have to take care of business before you leave (picking up the poop), and once on your own, you have to buy your own chow. There hasn't been any more talk of walking away from home but lots about how unloved and deprived he is. Let's all hear it for Mason, "Ohhhh! Poor boy!'

Next Partak Adventure - Dave and Kathy locked out of the Subaru at 8000 ft! Caples lake is gorgeous, but not when you are stuck there!

No comments: