Cherries

Monday, April 16, 2012

What a Weekend!

RiverLights Originals - My Message for Today.
What a weekend, I was officially a paid wedding coordinator on Saturday and it was the hardest, most fun work I have ever done! Seriously, I rocked that job like none I have ever done. So many careers, so little time. Laughing! I showed up at 1 PM and didn't sit down until I ate a small plate of food at 7 PM, and was back on my feet until 10:30. I wore my most comfortable shoes and still had blisters. To say I was exhausted would be an understatement, but the fact is, it really was fun.
Sunday, we all slept in and then headed to the river. Mason had a friend sleep over so the boys and I played in the sun and painted rocks. The temps were in the 80s and by 2 PM we were ready to get out of the sun. Dave made some cherry mojitos that were to die for and we enjoyed the evening with an early dinner and bedtime. These first evenings that we can sleep comfortably with the windows open are just heavenly.

On the house-for-sale front, we have lots of people looking and one offer so far. Several people have come back for a second and third look and we will be going over offers on Monday. It's no surprise we have lots of interest, but it remains to be seen how quickly the bank with work with us. On one hand, we don't mind if they take their time, but on the other hand, we really need to close this sale by the end of the year. Not to mention, we would like to have buyers who love this place like we have and if people have to wait too long, well, they usually don't. One way or the other it will be fine, but rest assured, we will have one more backyard party before we move. Hopefully, we can plan it with enough notice that many of you can come.

Now I'm off to bed as tomorrow is a school day and I have to tidy up so the house is presentable for the people coming back for a second look. I wrote an article for News 10 regarding the housing crisis and short sales, you can see it here if you are interested. I hope you are well and life is good. I know these are trying times but the fact remains, I have an amazing husband and great kid - what more can I ask for? Happy Monday!

No comments: