Cherries

Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October!

Welcome to the last quarter of the year 2012. It's Monday and it's a new month. This last weekend was more crazy-busy fun. Mason and I did a cooking demo at the Auburn Home Show for the First Annual Fall TomatoFest. Let me be more specific, Mason did the cooking demo, while I assisted him. This kid never ceases to amaze me, who knew he wanted to teach people how to cook?

Several months ago, I saw a post on Facebook about the launch of the TomatoFest at the home show. I reached out to the organizer and asked about a recipe contest and the reply I got was, "No recipe contest, but how about you do a cooking demo for us?" Cool! I shared the news with Mason and he lit up, "I want to do that!" I said, okay, you can help me and he said, "No, I want to do it." That is how it started. The organizer agreed and off we went. Mason practiced his Funky Spaghetti recipe and created one called, "Eeets a Funny Leeetle Peeeza!" Basically, a croissant with sun dried tomato and basil string cheese rolled up with some pizza sauce. I helped out with a peach-tomato salad while his peeezas were baking. Some of his friends were there with their families and his principal came, too! When it was all said and done, the organizer handed him an envelope and said, "Mason, you did an amazing job. This is for you, not your mom, you." Mason opened it to find an invite to do a cooking demo at the upcoming Mandarin Festival in November! Pretty cool, huh?

Now while Mason is working on mandarin recipes, Dave and I are doing homework, working on unpacking, and yes, getting ready for the holidays. Our new neighborhood is lovely and our neighbors have been really friendly. All in all, things are working out just fine and we are looking forward to lots of good things to come.

No comments: