Cherries

Monday, April 15, 2013

Opportunites O'Plenty!

Happy Monday!
 
WOW! This has been a time of lots of change, not just here at the Partak Homestead, but with so many of our friends, too. I'm starting to reconcile that there is no such thing as, "When things settle down." I'm heading into the last 6 weeks of school, Dave is working full time and managing to keep his accelerated education up, Mason is starting to get more media requests as his cooking demos are coming up (2 this month in NYC and CT, 3 in May, and 1 in June - so far!), and I'm working a part time job for one of our top producing real estate agents handling her files. Yeah, we're keeping busy. If you want to see where Mason is cooking, you can visit www.masonpartak.com and click the "Meet Mason" tab.
 
Mason and I leave for NYC next week as he has two television taping opportunities. One is with Connecticut Style which is much like Good Day Sacramento, and the other one has not allowed me to share the details. I was hoping they would let me tell you all before we go tape, but rest assured, I will share as soon as I can! And there are a couple of other fun things about the NYC/CT trip, I get to connect with my friend Julianne and her daughter who will be visiting the city at the same time Mason and I will be there. To add to that, April this year marks our five year friendship anniversary and since we met on Twitter and social media has been a large part of our relationship, how cool that we get to be in the Big Apple to celebrate our anniversary. Also, Mason and I will get to have lunch with Dave's sister JK and her husband Jim in New Haven after Mason's taping. JK and Jim have not met Mason and I know it will be a great time. I will say this about Mason's appearances, he is working to promote his fund-raising efforts for the kitchen update at his school, he has a lofty goal, but if he reaches enough people with his light and humor, I believe he can do it!
 
Okay, now I have to get back to studying the dating of igneous rocks, geologic time, volcanoes, earthquakes, fossils and topo maps - I have an exam in geology lab tomorrow and another one in lecture on Wednesday...wish me luck, or something stronger! Happy Monday.

No comments: