Cherries

Monday, March 24, 2014

10+ Years Supporting Our Troops!



Happy Monday!

We are enjoying lovely springtime weather but we have good news, rain is on the way! We are not recovering from this drought anytime soon, but as they say, “every little drop helps.”  Today we had an interesting conversation on Facebook and I want to share it with you. Our dear friend Hotty Roddy has just deployed to Afghanistan and I asked him for his address so I could share it with my friends who may want to write or send a goodie box and this is what popped up in the thread, "Rod, I put this yellow bracelet on when Dave deployed back in 2003 at Kathy's request. When it was new, the inscription read "Til they all come home." Thankfully, Dave returned safe, and I decided to continue wearing it til all our soldiers are home. It hasn't been off my wrist since, and over the years, it's worn smooth so you can not read the legend anymore, but it remains close to my heart, as you and all the other men and women that are standing in harm's way will also be close to my heart until you all return. It's probably half the thickness now as it was when it was new; I hope to God I can cut it off before it falls off. Be safe my friend, and thank you. Cat, I'll be holding you in my thoughts as well.” Al Wright. While Dave was deployed in 2003/04, we sold these bracelets to raise money to send DVDs to Iraq as part of Operation New Release. Al has worn this bracelet for more than 10 years in support of our troops, I think that deserves an acknowledgement. Pretty cool! If you want to write to Rod, here is his address: 
Rod Scott 
335th SC (T)(P)
APO AE 09366

In other news, Mason is getting requests to cook at the fairs he cooked at last year including the Marin-Sonoma Fair in Petaluma and the State Fair. He will also be at the Auburn Spring Home Show in May. Mason is also doing theatre, he has been cast as Agustus Gloop in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. This seems like a natural move for Mason but who knows, he wants to do everything! Dave is working his way through a college class that he is not loving as much as his last two classes and I am working to build my real estate business. If I could make one thing happen right now, it would be to never hear someone say, “I didn’t know you sold real estate.” UGH!! Yes, I sell real estate! I sell real estate! Laughing! I know you are all over the state and country, but if you know someone who could use my services, please refer them to me. 

So now we are off to a busy week, I hope you are well and would love to hear from you. With love! 

No comments: