Cherries

Monday, July 18, 2016

Less Busy...

It's been an unusually slow week, and can I just tell you, I liked it. When life slows down and our schedules don't pull us in a million directions, there is time to reflect and think about where you've been and where you might want to go next. I do have to disclose, Dave has not had a slow week, in fact he is working his butt off - all week, all weekend (drill) and then all week this week. It sucks when his schedule has him working 12 days right through. Sorry sweetie, but not much longer - just two more years to retirement! 

Mason is finally walking, finally! It took almost 4 weeks even with the boot the ortho gave him. It may be that he was not willing to get through the nerve sensitivity and pain to see that he actually could walk. I had a conversation with his doctor who said, "Tell Mason to walk through that tingling and stinging, it will quickly go away and he will see he can walk." It was true! Those first dozen steps seemed to be excruciating, but that was it, it went away and he was able to get back on his feet. 

As far as the slow week and the reflection, Mason talked with me about not being chosen for Next Food Network Star Kids and how disappointed he was. I pointed out that him not being cast is a blessing in light of him breaking his foot. If they had cast him, we would have had to decline as he could not have competed. I also do not think I would have quickly forgiven him for intentionally disobeying me and breaking his foot with such a big opportunity looming. In any case, he only has one more year to compete in the kid cook arena and he wants to take full advantage and audition as much as he can. As far as Network Star, it filmed 7/5-7/14 and is airing 8/22, so tune in! With that fast production schedule, they may do it again several times before he turns 13 so he's not all the way out of the race. We'll see.

Have a great week and we are back to busy. I am working real estate like crazy and this week is State Fair week for Mason. He is cooking on Tuesday and Saturday, and we are headed to Alameda on Wednesday to see David and Lisa who are visiting from Mexico.  I'm meeting with my Facebook friend Carolyn at the fair on Tuesday, she and her daughter are on vacation from Canada. It's so cool when we make virtual friends and then we get to meet in real life! Thursday I'm representing the Mandarin Festival at the Chamber mixer and Saturday Mason is back cooking at the fair. Yep, it doesn't stay slow for long on Partak Island!

No comments: