Cherries

Monday, August 28, 2017

A New Rising of The Grand Poobah

Yes, we did a Grand Poobah! After retiring and supporting Dave to host for a few years...it was clear that it was more work that anyone was willing to do. Well, until Dave bought a boat, well, two boats but that's a story for another time - I digress. Dave bought a boat and I had a truck to pull it. I did gift him a Yeti, well, not 110 but limited edition cooler iced down with silver bullets (Coors Light). With that kind of MoJo going, he felt like a Grand Poobah Rising was in order. I didn't protest as I miss camping and I miss our friends, some who we only got to see at Poobah. The date was set and the plans in motion. Lots of new people, some of the old people and a new idea, "The Floatie Parade!" Yep, we got lots of big, colorful floaties and planned to pull them behind the boat in a big circle basically making a parade on the lake in the no-wake zone.

It was a really fun weekend but there are some things you just can't recreate. The Grand Poobah was an event for another time. Maybe we outgrew it, maybe it was just a collective energy that no longer sizzles with some of the people no longer in the mix. Who knows, but it was a fun weekend and like getting back together with an ex, it doesn't take long to remember why you broke up in the first place. There won't be another Poobah but there will be lots more fun times with friends on the lake. I think we will camp more as well, the boat makes it a little easier and certainly more fun.

And about that floatie parade, it was epic! Greg had Main Street Electrical Parade music and everyone was so excited. It was all well and good until the rope running through and to all the floaties caused them to stack and capsize! I have video and once I get it edited, I will post it here. For now, let the photos suffice.


No comments: