Cherries

Monday, October 19, 2020

I Love Being A Boy Mom

I love my son and I was over the moon when I had this baby boy. I fully expected we would have another baby and I won’t lie, I wanted a girl. When I realized another baby was not in the cards, I would make jokes about putting cherry dresses on Mason and dressing him in girls' clothes before he was old enough to know what I was doing. I didn’t do it!! LOL! 


Ultimately I’ve learned that my relationship with my boy is crazy wild fulfilling. Mason will get a pedicure with me, and as you can see here, I love going to Pick and Pull with him. We cook together and celebrate holiday traditions. 


Mason‘s dad is not as mechanically inclined (that’s not a diss, he totally could do it he just doesn’t want to.) as I am and now that’s something Mason and I share. Mason is currently working on restoring a 1983 Toyota Celica Supra and I think that’s super cool. 


There comes a point in time when you look at what you think you want and you look at what you got, and you recognize that you did well. How many other areas of our lives can we see this? We think we wanted one thing, we got something else, and it was perfect. He will be 17 years old tomorrow! Where did the time go?

And for a taste of the roller-coaster that my life can be sometimes...

This was one-day last week - it took the energy of a whole week in my work life! LOL!

My day today in real estate... 

Buyer this morning at 8 AM:  "How soon can we close? Are you sure title is closed today? Can we close tomorrow then?" 

Me - "Yes, title is closed but we'll make sure our file is complete and get things lined up tomorrow."

Buyer - "thumbs up"

11:15 AM: "How soon can we get in to measure for paint and carpet?"

12:45 PM: Live phone call -  "We want to cancel. We think there is something better out there." 

Me - "Wha? Huh? What? What did you say?"

Buyer - "I know it sucks, we only removed all contingencies yesterday so it's not been that long, yeah, bottom line, what do we need to do to cancel?"

Me - "Yes, all contingencies removed means what you need to do is close escrow. I'm happy to re-list the house for you." 

Buyer - "No, call me back with how we cancel."

Me to Sellers almost 5 hours later - "There is no easy way to say this, the buyers want to cancel."

Sellers - @#&((%6(%7)&#_@*!!

Me - "I completely understand."

One hour later (now almost 7 PM)

Buyer - "We're really sorry, we still want the house. Can we un-cancel?"

Me - "You're not canceled, I'm still trying to figure out the bottom line for you to get out." 

Buyer - "Oh no, we don't want out. Can we just pretend the earlier call never happened?"

Me - "We could if I had not spoken to the sellers. I'm sure they will be totally happy to just move on and close escrow this week."

Buyer - "Oh good, because we really feel bad, but are you sure we're not canceled?"

Me - "Yes, I'm sure we're not canceled. Are you okay?"

Buyer - Crying, can't talk. 


And that was just one part of my day!


No comments: