Cherries

Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer!


Hello friends,

Happy Summer Solstice! Summer is here and though I have been struggling with a cold, I'm happy it's warm. Over the weekend we had tons of fun.

On Saturday, we went to the Pirate Festival in Vallejo. Along the way, we visited Mare Island, some sort of war boat (Dave will correct me here), and the museum. After the pirates and wenches, we all went to Diana's house in Crockett and had the most lovely evening. We grilled, shared mojito's, but most of all, we laughed. It was so nice to lounge around food and be in such loving company.

On Sunday, Father's Day Dave wanted donuts in bed. I got up and ran to the store to get him donuts and a Sunday paper and served him in bed. Mason got up and climbed in bed with Dave while I baked a cake. Dave spent the day doing some homework, watching the race, eating crap food, and basically doing what ever he wanted! Per Dave's request, we had shish-kabobs for dinner and I'm sad to say, the cake turned out to be a delicious disaster! Laughing! Mason loved that he got to dig in with reckless abandon before the mess found it's way to the trash can. Hey, I'm not proud, I tried, I took a short cut, and the cake flopped!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and it made me aware, yet again, how fortunate we are to have such wonderful friends. I'm so grateful for having you (yes, you!) in my life and I hope to hear how your weekend was. Share with me, make me smile!

1 comment:

Big Mike said...

Wish I was there for that!