Cherries

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Triple Threat Of June Is Done!


Happy Monday!

Whoo-Hoo! I'm here before Monday night this week. It seems like life is moving in warp-speed in some areas and at a snails pace in others. Summer is in full swing and my June triple-threat has past (thank goodness!). In June we have the Grand Poobah, Father's Day, and Dave's birthday, this equals three weeks in a row of something special...which I love, but also means a strain on our finances. Now it's back to work and the day-to-day life we love!

Last weekend was a whirlwind of activity. On Friday we met in Vacaville with my niece Heather and her family and my niece Tammy and her family. Heather lives in WA and I haven't seen her since she was a little girl. It was so great to reconnect and meet her family. Tammy and Jon were in town from UT for Tammy's high school reunion. It was like a mini family reunion for us girls and being married to great guys, they had fun seeing us catching up.

Saturday we headed south for Jim and Teresa Thompson's 50th birthday and as fate would have it, Saturday was Dave's birthday, too. We had a lovely time at Tres Pinos park in Hollister and then headed to San Jose to have birthday dinner with Dave's mom, sister, and her hubby Ric. It was a really nice time. The only exception to all of this is that Dave has been struggling with (what was diagnosed as) diverticulitis. I'm thinking this isn't right because he is still not feeling well four plus days into treatment. We were suppose to go out sailing with Mike on Sunday but with Dave having bouts of extreme abdominal pain and nausea, he just wasn't up for it. We ended up taking a driving tour through the neighborhood that he grew up in which was fun for all of us.

Today, I sent Dave back to the clinic as being doubled over on a hotel floor screaming in pain is not really improvement. I'm sure he will be fine if we can only figure out what is actually wrong and I am "that" wife who plays the, '"My husband is a veteran of foreign war. You WILL see him again and again until you come up with what is really wrong and he is well." Much to Dave's chagrin. Laughing.

So it's hot outside and I have Mason and Taylor waiting to go to the pool. I will post some pics from the weekend on my blog later tonight. I'll send the link just in case you want to see how much I Iook like my family. All beautiful we are! Big smiles!

Today's motivator comes from George Burns and might I say, "I agree!"

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city."

No comments: