Cherries

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Late Again!

Happy Monday!

Yes it is! Laughing, okay, it's not Monday anymore, but I've had this motivator in my head since Sunday. What does any of this mean? Nothing, just a clever way to acknowledge that I know I'm late....again!

It was Poobah weekend so you all know I come home from Poobah pooped out. This year that holds especially true as I was hit with the triple-whammy. The pack it, set it up, sleep/cook/play outside, clean it up, pack it back up, unload it, wash it, repack the garage of camping is enough to exhaust you all by itself. Add to that the wind blew like a hurricane making those of us with allergies miserable and those of you who own stock in Benadryl, very happy. Additionally, Dave and I must have eaten something bad that had me in bed in my tent before sundown on Saturday night and Dave in the outhouse all through the night. Needless to say, by sunrise Sunday morning, we were ready to be home. As Murphy would have it, the wind didn't blow on Sunday and it was the perfect day to lounge on the beach and play in the water. The upsides to this Poobah were that I believe this was Mason's best ever. At six years old, he had more freedom to ride his bike, play with the other kids, and swim. I could see that he made memories this weekend that he will take with him through his life. That alone makes it all worth it, but as I always do, I see more bright sides than dark. Everyone is feeling the pinch of this tough economy and to get together with our friends, some of which we only see at Poobah, was worth all the work. To be together, laughing about Poobah's past, and sharing our struggles of today we are reminded that as cliche' as it sounds, as long as we have each other, we have everything we will ever need. We are truly blessed in the true, long-term friendships we have in each other.

As we all do, I hit the ground running on Monday only feeling a surge of energy to turn things around. I am looking for full time work. I plan to reach out to many of you in an effort to generate some universal energy and ask you if you know of an opportunity for me. I would like to send you my resume and ask that you look at it and keep me in mind if you should learn of a possibility in your daily travels. I know when I put my mind to something and gather the thoughts and energies of my groups of friends, well, good things happen!

I hope you are finding comfort in the friendships you have and know that my love is here for you, too! Have a great week and let's connect soon!

No comments: