Cherries

Monday, April 5, 2004

MM 4/5/2004

Hi Guys!

Thank goodness Riley was available to fill in for me last week or there would have been no motivator. Smile! This week was full with ants, colds, coughs, walks, extra sleep (when I could steal it!) and it all wrapped up with really good news.

First things first, last week was Julie's birthday and though Riley knows that, I am sure he was so excited to tell you his turkey story, he just forgot! Happy Birthday Julie! This week is Mary's birthday, Happy Birthday! Gotta love those Aries!

I went in on Saturday to weigh out for the Discovery Channel National Body Challenge and the results were good. Since January 5, I have lost 17 lbs and 18 inches. I have another 18 lbs to go and hope to have that handled by the time Poobah rolls around the 2nd week in June. 2 lbs a week, that's all I ask.

Hotty Roddy's story is "For Sure" in the Chicken Soup for the Fisherman's Soul that Ken and Dahlynn have coming out May 18. If you want, you can buy books directly from them and they will personalize and autograph them for you (and anyone you want to get one for as a gift). Father's Day is just around the corner! Go to http://www.fishsoul.com/ and get the contact information. WOW! I am just surrounded by success and happiness.

I am hearing from Dave every 4-5 days. He should be arriving in Iraq today. They drove across the border from Kuwait over the weekend, and are all anxious to get there and set up house. At least having a space to call your own makes even the most desolate place a little more comfortable. His spirits are high but he misses home, family and friends. He is eager to get mail as this is the only contact with what feels like a previous life. I have sent 4 packages and letters everyday since I got his address. Hopefully the mail will start arriving and we can just keep the pipeline full.

So I am off and running this week. Workouts, ants, Doggie School and homework, playing with Mason and enjoying every minute I have to watch him grow. Love to you all. I hope you had a great weekend and a super week! I like this Motivator, it really speaks to me right now. I hope you get something from it too.

Kathy

Watch yourself


You can sometimes hide your thoughts and actions from others. Yet you cannot hide them from yourself.

The person you are becoming is always watching the person you are right now. The genuine image you have of yourself tomorrow depends on the actions you watch yourself taking today.

The person you will be, is always watching the person you are. And what you sincerely think of yourself, based on what you see, will play a major role in the quality of your life.

The confidence with which you live next month will be based on the integrity of the actions you take this week. Think for a moment what a grand opportunity that represents.

You have the ability, with your thoughts and actions in this very moment, to become precisely the person you most truly want to be. With each little step you take, you're building the future character with which you'll live.

The qualities of your life that matter most are not in any way left to chance. They're yours to develop and strengthen every moment, even now, as you watch yourself grow.
Ralph Marston from The Daily Motivator
with permission http://www.dailymotivator.com/

No comments: