Cherries

Monday, October 4, 2010

Making Memories

Happy Monday! Did it get really cold all of a sudden where you live, too? Holy-moly! We went from this really hot weather to suddenly-snow on the mountain tops. I suppose this is how fall goes, just like the springtime when it starts to tease us with warm days and sunshine only to then rain for another ten days straight!

So this weekend, Dave took Mason to the civil war reenactment in Fresno. Mason had a blast though I'm not so sure Dave did. Mason is testing every boundary, at home, school, simply anywhere he can try to get away with something. It's not important what he's doing, just that we can't count on him to behave so that makes us think twice about taking him on these jaunts. It's a catch twenty-two every parent grapples with; If you take them and they misbehave, it could be dangerous and it's a pain in the butt. If you don't take them, they never learn to behave in those situations. I'm sure Dave had more fun with him than not as the pictures show. What's particularly cool about the pictures, is that Mason took most of them.

As for me, I worked all weekend, both real estate and household stuff. One of the things I did that you might find interesting is I have been back-loading past Monday Motivator posts to my blog. It's funny, I don't have all posts from 2004. I don't know why I would be missing a few months of posts from the middle of the year. I also went back and posted a first post. It explains how this came to be and still lives more than ten years later. You may or may not want to look back through the years, but it was fun for me. I have 2005-present in its entirety, but some of the older posts are on a a CD, saved in a Word backup somewhere, or the older ones are hopefully are on some archaic storage device (can you say, floppy disk?). The whole collection makes me incredibly grateful to have as much as I do documented. What a gift for Mason and his kids when I'm gone. What do you have that documents your life? Is it enough? Makes you think, huh?

So we are off and running and summer is officially gone. Fall and winter are here and it's time to start thinking about the holidays. How many days until Christmas? Only 81! Enjoy the pictures from Dave and Mason's weekend and think about what you can do to document more, if not for those you will leave it to, but for your enjoyment in a year, two, or ten! Make this week count!

2 comments:

Kara Plank said...

Andy did civil war reenacting for several years. (I did some as well.) LOTS to do in this area of PA!

Alice said...

I think it is a wonderful gift to have so much documented. Very impressed you stuck to it all these years!