Cherries

Monday, March 7, 2011

He Lands It!

Happy Monday!

As promised, I have something worthwhile to share with you all today. I sent out the Power Point presentation that I made from my day of skiing with Mason on Friday. It was one of those days as a parent when your child innocently holds the proverbial mirror up for you to see your frowny-face attitude. For just a moment, I forgot that I believe we all have to start somewhere and instead of encouraging him to try, I poo-pooed his excitement. Fortunately for me, I took lots of pictures and in reviewing them later, it became very clear that Mason is a determined kid with a super optimistic outlook. I'm taking his message today, sharing it with you, and hopefully it will stay with me, too! If you couldn't see the PP, you can see an Animoto on my blog, it's shorter but you will get the point. Link to short video

More good news, ZipperBack Gloves has done very well and in completing my taxes yesterday, we have taken in more than eight times what we did last year in gross sales (don't get too excited, we started with a very low number). The way I see it, though we have not recovered our legal costs, we are moving in the right direction and that's from red to black on the sales of gloves.

Now that my taxes are done and I seem to be finding a rhythm with work and school, it's time to start decluttering again as we prepare to pack and move this summer. It seems like it will be a whole lot easier to do it slowly so we are not packing all the crap because we feel rushed to make a decision about if it should stay or go. My plan is to do one room at a time, sorting and packing, making decisions about what we really need to keep and what can go be useful elsewhere. I'm planning to have lots of stuff go and move into a new space with only what we need and really want.

I hope Mason inspired you with his determination to ride that rail like he did me. His strong will drives me crazy some days, but never so much so that I don't recognize what an asset it will be to him as long as it is channeled and applied appropriately. And there in lies my job as his mom. Happy Monday friends!

No comments: