Cherries

Monday, May 20, 2013

Last Week Of College

Mason's Gardenia Ice Cream
Happy Monday! Today is a significant Monday for me as it is my last Monday of school - yep, I graduate on Friday! I'm excited to get back to work and I can't honestly say I will miss homework. I will miss my classes, professors, and of course, the amazing people I've met in the last 2 1/2 years. I'm most excited about Mason seeing me in my cap and gown receiving my diploma.
 
Speaking of Mason, his demo on Saturday went well and as usual, he had a blast! The theme for the cooking stage at the home show was "Edible Flowers." Mason and I looked on line to find some recipes and he selected Gardenia Ice Cream. The recipe we found was a cooked-custard ice cream recipe and we didn't have time to make that for a demo, so we modified it to a recipe that he could make right there, on the spot for the audience. He infused the heavy cream the week before the event with fresh gardenia petals. To find the complete recipe with a picture, go to www.masonpartak.com and you will find it right on his homepage. For now, the local demos are done and his next appearance will be at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Petaluma in June. After that, he has two days at the State Fair in July. If you want to come to either of these events, let me know and I bet I can get tickets.
 
Now I am off to study for finals. I have a geology lab final tomorrow, a geology lecture final and a comm final on Wednesday, and my last final in Public Speaking on Thursday. It's looking real good that I will graduate with honors. Have a great week, I know I will!
 

No comments: