Cherries

Monday, August 11, 2014

Back to School!

Happy Monday! I know this is going to be an interesting week as it's "Back to School" week for Mason! He's certainly excited to see his friends and play, but I know he is dreading homework - as am I! What's even more fun is that I am going back to school, too. I don't start for a few more weeks but I love, love, love being a student. I am finishing up an applied art and design certification that I started back in 2011. I'm thinking it will take 3 semesters and I couldn't be more excited!

On another front, do any of you subscribe to Food Network Magazine? If so, check out the special kids section in the September issue (on store shelves now) and look for a familiar face! The new season of Rachel VS Guy Kids Cook Off Season 2 airs on the 17th and it's a little bittersweet for us Partaks, as Mason went through the audition process (over 3 months long!) and it came right down to the wire and he was asked to be an alternate, kind of like coming in 9th (they have 8 kids on the show). Of course we are really excited for the kids who were selected but Mason really wanted to do this. The producers encouraged him to keep cooking and apply for next season, but who knows if this disappointment will fuel his culinary fire or put it out a bit - time will tell. I would like to see him rise up stronger as it could be much more satisfying getting cast after working a little harder to earn his place. We'll have to watch and see how the kids they did cast do and try to learn from what we see this season. 

I hope you all have a great week and I wish you lots of love and happiness. Take a moment to find some joy in something completely random and unimportant, such as a sunflower, or the way bees buzz around a lavender plant. For me right now, it's fresh, garden tomatoes! 

No comments: