Cherries

Monday, January 18, 2016

It's Finally Here!

We close escrow on our new house this week. If all goes as planned, we will have the keys on Thursday, Friday at the latest. This is happening a year later than we had hoped, but it's finally time. I've been packing, my house is a wreck, I don't have the things I need and I don't need the things that are not yet packed. It's just one big mess. But there is lots of good going on all at the same time. We are purging, getting rid of lots of minutia and crap that has stayed with us for more years than necessary. I'm in a space to let go and when that happens, I have to take action. I won't be able to go through everything before we move it, as I have boxes packed from when we moved out of the Aeolia house in 2012. I can hear you now, "If you haven't needed it in 3.5 years, you don't need it." Well, that may be true, but until I can open those boxes and see what I have room and use for in the new house, I won't know. I'm sure I don't need all of it, but some of it I simply love. I have a hand painted pitcher and set of 4 glasses that Julie gave me for a wedding gift in 2002 that I don't need, but I love it. I also have several sets of dishes that I did not have room for in the two smaller rental houses we've been in the last 3 years that I'm sure I have room for in the new house.

So now it's back to packing and hopefully unpacking very soon! Happy Monday, make some magic this week, it will make you happy.

No comments: