Cherries

Monday, November 28, 2016

Oh, How We Hate Socks!

Having a kid cook is pretty awesome, except for those days when you remember he's a kid and doesn't think like an adult. It was totally scary tonight but it's going to make a great story someday. "Remember when you turned on the grill and realized you needed matches? So you went in the house to get the matches… " So you all know where this went, right? Yeah, KA-BOOM! Singed hair, burned nose, and hand that was holding the match. Not serious, but those kinds of burns smart for hours. Glad you're okay sweets. #LessonsLearned

And then on the official Thanksgiving Day, Stinker McJeeter was ushered into urgent surgery with a foreign object in his intestinal tract (likely a sock). He was in the doggie hospital until Wednesday. He came through surgery fine and we visited him each day, at least until we left for SLO. I know Dave thinks I don't like his big dog, but I was the one boo-hooing, shedding tears when I heard he had to have surgery.


Well, it's been quite the week. Coming off of Mandarin Festival week/weekend, getting ready for Saturday Thanksgiving and guests, only to spend lots of time with an emergency surgery and visits with Gunner...well, I'm tired. I'm a little exasperated and overwhelmed, but I think that's just exhaustion by other names. Oh, did I mention we also got a new bedroom set and had dismantle, remove, move, load, unload, and set up said new furniture on Friday? Yeah, it's no wonder I'm pooped. Dave is equally tired, I'm sure. With all the unexpected expense, I've also canceled our Disney trip for my birthday. The veterinary expenses seemed to be just what we had budgeted for the trip and staying home will allow us to do the things we like to do at Christmastime - baking cookies and decorating. We’re just rolling with the punches. On the upside, Dave and I will be getting away to San Luis Obispo Monday and Tuesday as he has a very short training session and we need a little time away and together - just the two of us. More later. 

No comments: