Cherries

Monday, January 8, 2018

New Year Goodies Lingering

My traditional new year peppermint cake is cupcakes this year. We had too much food New Year’s Eve so I tossed them in the freezer and whipped them up for poker night. They just make me happy. Peppermint cupcakes with peppermint whip cream and candy crumbles with silver stars. Happy new year #2018!

What makes you happy? Are you practicing happpiness on a regular basis? It seems to me that we spend so much time working to please others that somehow the martyr in us women shows up and we let all of our dreams and joys fall by the wayside. Maybe the new year is a good time to re-commit to your own personal joy, even if it's just a cupcake with silve stars that makes you happy. If you can invest in something more, like a mani/pedi, or massage, do it. The best gift we can give our loved ones is a whole, healthy, completely happy us, you, me, however it is correct to say it, you get me! What makes you happy? Tell me what you are doing to do more of that. 

No comments: