Cherries

Monday, September 9, 2019

Sunset On The Lake


Dave planned a sunset trip on the lake tonight. Ladies, I have to say, I make no secret about how lucky I feel to have a guy like Dave who makes grand romantic gestures like the one tonight. It's his love language. My parents were not happily married but they stayed married until the days they both died. I didn't see affection between them, in fact, I saw the opposite. To think that I could grow up thinking that true, happy love was just created by writers on television and then marry a guy who proves me wrong even today, almost 20 years later, well it's really a gift that I sometimes don't feel worthy of. I've said it many times, I'm not sure what I did to deserve him and the way he loves me, but I am so glad he's mine and this is our life. To my single girlfriends, don't settle, if he wants to be with you, he will make time, he will go out of his way, and he will travel long distances just to have coffee with you. I promise, this I know. Thank you David​ for the most magical evening tonight. Even the mosquitos didn't spoil it!

No comments: