Cherries

Monday, July 28, 2003

I Hit The Goodwill Jackpot!


Hi Guys! Welcome to yet another Monday. Can you believe we are more than halfway through this year? I was in Michaels craft store over the last week and they have all of their Halloween stuff and some Christmas stuff out already. I stopped in my tracks and felt a wave of panic… you see, not only am I not ready to think about the holidays, but Halloween is "Blast Off!" for baby. You know once you see this stuff in the stores, it means the speed by which the seconds, minutes, hours, and days pass speeds up significantly! No, Really! Laughing… Oh my gosh, we really are going to have a baby.. that is the moment the realization hit home, in the doorway of Michaels Craft Store. 

So short of walking around a little more dazed than pregnancy usually dictates, we had a very eventful week with Colton. He saw 4 movies, Pirates, Finding Nemo, Bruce Almighty, and Johnny English. We went to the river to swim twice, went shopping at the Roseville Galleria, visited Denio's Farmers & Flea Market, and made stepping stones out of our feet for a little walkway we are working on. Oh, and the high point of Colton's visit, we saw the bear again on Saturday. Since this is the 3rd time since July 11th, we feel it is only right to name the Bear. He will now be referred to as Koda. 

For me, I won the lotto on Saturday… no, not the California State Lottery, the Goodwill shopping lottery. I went to the grand opening of a new Goodwill store in Citrus Heights and with Colton sniveling about the clothes being "used," therefore, not worthy of my money, I found 8 dresses (really pretty, colorful, dresses that fit!), 2 pair of pants and a pair of shorts all for $45! So through all my excitement, what does Dave have to say? "That's nice. You better hurry up and wear them, you only have 3 more months." ONLY? Did he really say ONLY? I had to just laugh out loud! Not ONLY, is 3 months in this awkward, blossoming body a long time, but maybe someone should tell him that only Shania Twain and Cindy Crawford wear their pre-pregnancy clothes home from the hospital after having a baby! If they even go to a hospital… I mean who has time when your labor starts and your baby is born in less than 60 minutes, effortlessly, “bloop,” here's baby, just like that, and now you are on your way to shoot your next sexy video or magazine cover in your most midriff-baring, cleavage-enhancing (Hey! Perk of pregnancy!) pre-pregnancy clothes! Laughing! 
Okay, enough of that, I hope you all had a great weekend. Drop me a note and let me know what kind of fun you had… staying at home, going swimming, I love to hear back! 

I like this motivator, I find it to be very true. I am expecting that with our recent challenges and discomforts, our nourishment and opportunity should be here any minute!! Have a great week!  

Life's Gift 
You cannot avoid effort, for avoiding effort is itself an effort. What you can do is to make your efforts count for something, something as grand and magnificent as you can imagine. Life will ask something of you each and every moment. The more willingly and graciously you give what life asks of you, the more positive value you'll receive as a result. That which life asks of you is also life's gift to you. Those places where you spend the most effort, where you give the most of yourself, are the places where you'll realize the most value. Sadly, too many people miss out on the best that life has to offer when they attempt to avoid challenge and discomfort. By so doing they end up making their lives even more challenging and even more uncomfortable. Life is persistent and generous in providing you with plenty of nourishment and opportunity. So the challenges will continue to come your way until you're ready to make something truly grand and meaningful out of them. Give what life asks, promptly and enthusiastically. And you'll experience the very best that life has to give.


No comments: