Cherries

Monday, July 14, 2003

We're Moved!


Hello! Today is a great day to be at work because it is time I can relax! We worked our behinds off this weekend finalizing our move out of Dutch Flat. I would like to say that being preggers excluded me from the dirty work…. Au contraire! Not only did I help load and unload up and downstairs, but it was my job to clean the Dutch Flat house and unpack the Auburn house. It actually worked out nicely, Dave did most of the actual moving of our things and any carrying I did was of the lighter sort. And on the flip side, Dave helped me with the cleaning in the DF house, shampooing carpets, vacuuming stairs and cleaning fireplaces. Needless to say, the job has only just begun! Let the unpacking begin! THANK YOU so much to Mary and Keith for spending Saturday with us helping move and clean. Saturday night was so much fun. I don't remember the last time we belly laughed for such extended periods of time!

So now we are in Auburn and after almost 10 months in the mountains and numerous deer sightings, Dave called me yesterday to inform me that he was looking at a bear in our backyard (Yes! In Auburn!). He called animal control and was informed that this is very common and we should secure our garbage cans. Eeaasshhh! 

On a final note, does anyone have a Southwest voucher they can't use or would be willing to donate to a good cause? This is the "I have to get my best friend to my red neck baby shower" fundraiser. OK, not really a fundraiser, I just thought, if someone has one that may be close to expiration or several that they wouldn't miss one and would be willing to part with it, I would ask. Julie needs to travel on Sept 21, 2003. 

I really like this motivator. It holds special meaning for me right now as I am working on getting back on track to making my life less stressful and more prosperous. Have a great week and I would love to hear from you. Love Kath

Your own special greatness Your life has a purpose, something uniquely suited to who you are. The more closely you align your day-to-day priorities with that purpose, the more fulfillment you'll know. When the priorities you've chosen stray away from your purpose, then life becomes filled with frustration. When you put your time and effort into things that don't really matter, it brings on a painful, gnawing emptiness. If something is truly important to the core of your being, then there is most certainly a way to make it happen. When you make the effort and spend the time on what really matters, the rewards will be great indeed. It will never be easy to follow your purpose. For by its very definition, your highest purpose demands the best that you have to offer. Yet following that purpose will fulfill you in a way that nothing else can. To every extent possible, align your priorities to who you truly are. Let your own special greatness light up this world

*Used with permission from Ralph Marston and The Daily Motivator.

No comments: