Cherries

Monday, October 13, 2003

MM 10/13/2003

Welcome to Fall!

It is finally here and if you haven't noticed, I am practicing being late. This is so when Mason gets here and I am in the "adjustment phase" (which I understand will last for the rest of my life), I won't be so hard on myself when I am late (which I also understand is a given when you have kids for about, oh, 18-21 years).

This weekend was jam packed! Friday night Dave and I got off to a rolling start at Giovanni's in Colfax for Karaoke, stale, but highly entertaining! Saturday was a really wonderful and overdue afternoon visit with Julie and Lauren & her family in Winters. From there we made the trek to Rio Vista to the Bass Festival. We met a group of our friends and enjoyed lots of good live music, food, and fireworks not getting home until well after midnight. Then yesterday, I made a very
spontaneous trip with Julie to Reno to see Steve Vai and Joe Satriani in concert. This of course put me home at, oh, about 3:30 this morning which is why this e-mail is so late coming. Mason got quite the exposure to musical culture this weekend, and if I had to say what pleased him the most, it was clearly Steve Vai. Not bad!

So here we are, Columbus Day and this is the motivator that is hitting home for me today. I hope you find some value in it and make this week one to remember. Oh, and before I forget, if you have a great, simple dinner recipe that I can make and stick in the freezer, feel free to pass it on. I am needing to stock up a bit and feeling like I am in a dinner time rut. Thanks and have a great week!

Lots of love,

Kathy

Intention

Everything you do is intentional. The actions you take, you take because you choose to do so. The stimulus can come from anywhere, but the response comes from you. Every action, every moment, determines the direction of your life.

You have made the choices, and taken the actions that have led you to this point. More importantly, you will make the choices and take the actions that determine your future.

You can learn from the past, but the past does not control you. Just because you have used poor judgment in the past, doesn't mean you have to continue doing so. You can change your life the moment you decide to change.

You are more than your past. You are more than your mistakes. Your life is whatever you decide to make it.

Ralph Marston from The Daily Motivator
with permission http://www.dailymotivator.com/

No comments: