Cherries

Monday, November 24, 2003

MM 11/24/2003

Only 32 more shopping days until Christmas!

I don't know about all of you, but I am not doing much shopping this year. For a number of reasons, but mostly because I am still not yet adjusted to my new life. I know everyday the routines will come together that will one day make me wonder how I ever did it any other way. For now, I am still learning from the difficulties that I need to find a new way, all the while having to clean up the mess I just made.

I am talking to Dave daily and he sent out an update to his list. If you would like to be on that list, let me know and I will make sure you get added. If he has access to e-mail over seas, he will send a periodic update of front line information, at least from where he and his men are.

Mason is growing like a weed and I have given him the loving nickname Tank. He is just as solid as a rock and certainly great for any of you who do not have much baby experience. You will not feel as if he is fragile or you will break him by any means!

Speaking of Mason, I got the gift of a lifetime this weekend. My dear, dear friend Dahlynn came over and spent a full 24 hours (more actually!) with me and Mason. She played with him, fed him, changed him, and can you believe, moved his bed into the living room and stayed with him through the night! This of course gave me the opportunity to clean my bathrooms, do laundry and actually put the clothes away, cook, run some errands, write several legal letters, and pay my bills (even reconciling Quicken!). THANK YOU, is just not enough but all I have. Apparently, she enjoyed this time and even went as far as to call it a mini vacation! Whoo-Hoo! Any of you who would like to take a mini vacation can call me now, I have openings and am taking sign ups today! Laughing! We wrapped up our time by taking a walk through the Mountain Mandarin Festival in Auburn. We did a little shopping but mostly just really enjoyed our time together.

I have a fussy baby to get back to, the junior Crabby Crab looks just like his father in the morning!

As far as a motivator today, I am feeling strongly about "What You Put Out, You Get Back." With this, I must have put out some really good friendship love because I am feeling so much of it coming back to me. Thank you!

Lots of love!

Kathy

No comments: