Cherries

Monday, November 22, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

I am approaching the final sprint before I can take a rest. It has been a mad few weeks with Operation New Release and several other volunteer missions. On Tuesday, we roll out our Partnership with Tower Records for all of Northern CA and Reno. In case you forgot, Tower has decided to promote ONR and let people buy DVDs to send to our library in Iraq. They are also going to be donating all the proceeds from the sales to ONR. The promotion runs from November 24-December 25, 2004. I have attached a copy of the press release just because I think it is SO cool! I am certain we will be on News 10 on the 23rd and it is possible we could also be on Channel 7 (KGO) in the Bay Area. If you would like to hang a few posters, please let me know and I will get them in the mail to you!

Dave seems to be in good spirits. I think reaching the one year mark has been good for all of us. The holidays I am sure will have their challenges but we are just so close to the end of this deployment, that alone keeps us going. I mailed him a Christmas tree and some traditional holiday goodies.

Mason and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with Lauren and Julie on Tuesday and then we will have some company on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be three days of rest, play, walks and turkey sandwiches before I start my new job on Monday. Have a great holiday and since you all give thanks everyday, this day will be a piece of cake (or pie as tradition would have it)!

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

Kathy

*Note - the photo in this post is NOT my table! Just in case, on the slim chance you thought it was, it's not!

Being Of Service


Survival is acting in your own self interest, and there are times when that becomes necessary. Yet there is so much more to life beyond mere survival.
True prosperity comes from going beyond your own limited interests. The more you take into account the interests of others, the more prosperous your own life becomes.

Prosperity comes not so much from having the right job or having the right contacts. Prosperity comes more from having the genuine desire to be of service.

Think of someone whom you consider to be truly and consistently successful. That person has found an effective way to be of service.

The more valuable you can make yourself to others, the more value you'll see flowing into your own life. That holds true no matter what your circumstances may be.

Go beyond the mere survival dictated by your own narrow self interests. Fill your moments with service, and you'll fill your life, your world with real richness. Ralph Marston

from The Daily Motivator with permission www.thedailymotivator.com

No comments: