Cherries

Monday, December 20, 2004

Baby Signs. I Love Them!

Hi Guys!

Well, I just finished wrapping my presents but under my tree is still bare. You see, Mason does not get the concept of this program...or, he is simply my son and cannot wait to open presents. I think the new commercial running where the woman is opening presents in the living room and her husband comes in and shakes his head. She is looking up at in with that "hand in the cookie jar forgive me smile" on her face and he says "Wow, good job, you made it to the 18th this year" This is SO me! Laughing. Ask my mom, ask Dave, they will tell you. And then there is the one where the dog opens all the gifts until he finds the squeaky hamburger! This is our life. In any case, I will let Santa put them out for Riley and Mason on the 24th.

I had a great birthday party. A whole bunch of us met at Joe's Crab Shack in old Sacramento and had a wonderful time. We met Lisa Sulik's new beau Jeff and really like him. We celebrated my neighbor Paul's birthday which is not only the same day as me, but the same year, too! Mike and Patty announced their engagement (Hooray, Yeah, Yippee!) and it was a Merry time all around!

Mason is signing all kinds of signs with me, Finally! I gave up. I have been signing to him since he was 8 weeks old and finally figured he was going to be like many of the men I know and just not communicate beyond the absolute minimum required to get what he needs. Not so, it turns out... he signs, more, eat, all done, yes, down, up, good-bye drink and milk. He even did two signs together today, more and milk back to back. He understands more than he does but as he does more, he is getting his coordination together to do more of them and do them correctly. I am so happy, It is amazing how the frustration level drops when real communication sets in. He will scream and reach and I just look and him and say "show me your signs" and he will. It is very, very cool! Dave, I will be sending you a copy of the pages so you can learn the signs before you come home. You will love it, too!

So I have to get to bed, I have to be up very early to get to the gym and then the post office before I go to work. A quick note that Operation New Release is being extended with Tower through the first of the year. We will hopefully have some more sales for all the after Christmas shoppers. Take care and have a Very Merry Christmas! It will be fun to write next week and tell you all about Christmas morning. Love to you all!

Kathy

Acceptance

Resentment only wastes your energy and keeps your creativity suppressed. Instead of resenting what has happened, accept what is, and you put yourself in a position to do something about it.

You do not always get the results you desire, and conditions are not always what you would like for them to be. Yet you can always accept where you are and then move on ahead.

In fact, the fastest way to move forward is to be realistic about where you are. Accept and acknowledge what you have to work with, and you'll begin to see plenty of positive possibilities.

Acceptance of what is does not mean that you're giving in or giving up on where you can go. In fact, by fully accepting where you are, you enable yourself to make positive use of everything available to you.

By accepting what is, you can make positive use of the triumphs and the disappointments. By letting go of your resentment and anger for what has been, you can put all your focus on the best of what can be.

Stop fighting the battles that are already over. Accept what is, and you've already begun to win.
Ralph Marston from The Daily Motivator with permission www.thedailymotivator.com

No comments: