Cherries

Monday, December 27, 2004

Blue Christmas

Christmas to you! And New Year, too! You see, we are not having Happy and Merry this year. It is just Birthday, Christmas and New Year. So understand when the greeting is simply, New Year to you!

I am so glad that Christmas is over. Late Christmas Eve, I had created a nice morning scenario, the house was clean, Riley was finally asleep so I could hang his stocking and the tree was the only light in the house. I experienced the strangest sensation of wanting time to stop, you know, when you have something that you know will come and you just can' t bear the thought of experiencing it? It sort of felt like what we all know to be the morning after you lose someone you love, either through a bad break up, divorce and even death. You wake and for just a split second, you open your eyes and it is just another morning.....until you remember what happened the day before and you start to hurt and cry with absolutely no control. All this while wanting deeply for time to jump ahead to Dave being home. My stomach actually hurt at the thought of going to sleep and waking up with Mason and Riley experiencing Santa together without Dave. Well, as you know, time stops for no one and I did finally watch the sunrise and waited for Mason to wake up. This is where parents with a spouse away have to buck up and make it nice for the little ones who don't know why mommy or daddy have a blue, heavy heart.

I had time to have coffee, shower and dry my hair and cuddle with Riley before Mason called me to come get him. We walked out into the kitchen and he could see "something" in the living room. I put him down and went ahead hoping he would follow so I could get some pictures and video of him seeing what Santa brought. Of course Riley has been looking at his stocking on the wall all week so he saw right away that he had goods! Mason was happily surprised and loved all the shiny wrap and big bows. The gifts were okay too, but I think the paper was the best. Hopefully I will have some pictures for you next week.

So now a new year looms and I am one of many millions resolving to get back on my fitness bandwagon. I have been pretty good through the holidays working out 4-5 days and week and only gaining a mere 2 lbs. I can only reckon what it would have been like without the work outs. Do you make a New Years Resolution? If so, what will it be this year? I hope all is well with you, that your holidays were warm and wonderful and you have a bright outlook on the new year! I really like this motivator and even if you do not usually read past here, take a moment today as I think this is a Great Motivator to kick off a new year with! Lots of love!

Kathy

Convincing Actions

The best way to convince people that you will do something is to do it. Promises can be broken, but actions and results cannot be denied.

The best way to sell yourself is to be yourself, without pretense, with sincerity and enthusiasm. Your actions are more powerful and more genuinely compelling than any words or mere appearances could be.

The best way to make a good impression is to accomplish something truly impressive. Focus on creating real value and you won't have to be concerned with what others think.

It's great when you do what you say you're going to do. It's even better when you don't need to say what you're going to do because it has already been done.

You don't need permission or approval to move forward on your own initiative. See a need and fill it, or find a problem and solve it.

Success is more than being able to wish, plan, talk, convince, promise and persuade. Success belongs to those who take action.
Ralph Marston from The Daily Motivator with permission www.thedailymotivator.com

No comments: