Cherries

Monday, March 12, 2007

Winter's Not Gone Yet!

Hi friends,

What a week last week was. I was sick and didn't even realize how sick I was until it had past and I was feeling better. I knew I was a little under the weather but I just kept right on working. I was going through the motions, catching cat naps everywhere I could and going to bed each night by 8 PM. I even fell asleep in my car in an AM/PM parking lot in Woodland when I realized I was 30 minutes early for an appt. The most amazing thing about us as beings and bodies is that when our bodies need something and we don't respond, it usually will impose sanctions on us. The same can be said for our minds. I was exhausted and only had 30 minutes. I fell into a deep sleep and woke up with 10 minutes to spare. By Friday I was really feeling better and it was only then that I realized how bad I had been feeling all week.

So here we are on the tail of a most gorgeous weekend and the week ahead promises to be equally nice. It seems we have not had a winter at all and Spring is here. I have to say, as much as I like this warm weather, I think Mother Nature has a storm or two still up her sleeve before we should put our long sleeves and pants away. But since it was so nice today, Dave, Mason, Riley and I went for a mid morning walk and made it home for lunch. Dave settled in to watch the race and I sat out in the backyard and wrote for over four hours while Mason played and Riley slept at my feet. We had dinner together, watched America's Funniest Home videos and got Mason off to bed. After the Sunday night meal plans for the week ahead were done, Dave and I sat in the hot tub under the most gorgeous starry skies and before we knew it we had to say good bye to that wonderful day.

I hope you had a weekend as nice as ours was and your week ahead is productive. I have lots to do to make up for poor performance last week but I think I can do it. Have a wonderful week and I'll see you next Monday!

Lots of love,
Kathy

Everything Matters

It is important to visualize what you wish to accomplish. It is also essential that you put that vision into action.

It's great to know precisely where you plan to go. Yet for that plan to be of any real value, you must act on it with commitment and persistence.

Successful action is more than just a once-in-a-while effort. The actions that bring about the most value are the actions that are fully integrated into every moment of life.

Real success is more than a method or a technique. Real success comes from who and what you most consistently and authentically are.

Every corner of your world, every moment of your time, every person and pursuit and passion in your life all matter. The time you spend playing has just as much influence as the time you spend working, for it all affects the whole person you are.

Seek to integrate positive purpose into everything you are, and into all that you touch. Live as though everything matters, and you'll bring magnificent achievements to life.

Ralph Marston from The Daily Motivator with permission www.thedailymotivator.com

No comments: