Cherries

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

MM 3/26/2007

Hi Friends!

It seems I have been having some e-mail address trouble and thanks to Miss Diana, I was able investigate and find that many of you had been deleted from the MM list. I think when I went in and made changes to my address book in general, combined with working with the evite system, changes were inadvertently made. With that, if I put you back in the loop and you don't want to be here, let me know and I will take you out. We also have a few new names added to the list.

This weekend was leisurely and fun. Dave was gone with the National Guard so it was Mason and me to fend for ourselves. Before Mason got home from school, I got the house cleaned and boy did that feel good! Everything dusted, floors vacuumed and swept, dishes done, everything picked up and I even cleaned the stove! Not just wiped down, really cleaned. From there, Mason and I had a really wonderful Friday night of dinner at home, popcorn and two movies. We snuggled up on the couch and watched the Farewell Season of Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade (my favorite) and then we watched Barnyard.

Saturday, we ran a couple of necessary errands and tried to get Mason's hair cut. No such luck with that, the place was packed and had a 2 hour wait. At 2 O'clock I went to a girls poker party and that was really fun! I didn't get to stay to the end because I only had a sitter until six but it was really a good time anyway.

Sunday, we had breakfast and I made extra waffles for this week. We read the paper, watched cartoons and before we knew it, it was noon and time for lunch and Mason's nap. David and Lisa Anderson stopped by on their way home from Truckee and Dave even made it home before they had to leave. We wrapped the weekend up with a little play in the backyard, a soak in the hot tub, dinner and the Electrical Parade again (now Mason's favorite).

So now we are all off and running with a new week. Let me suggest you mix it up a little, do something you wouldn't normally do. Like what? Introduce yourself to a coworker you don't know. Drive to work a different route. Bring your lunch and put some thought into what you will make or if you bring your lunch normally, eat out! I don't know, I just think it makes life more interesting when we break out of our regular patterns. Mason and I stayed in out pajamas all day on Sunday. Everyone kept asking why we were still in our jammies and my response was "why not?"

Have a great week and I'll see you next Monday. I love this quote, I hope you do too!

Lots of love,

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.
Nora Roberts

No comments: