Cherries

Monday, August 13, 2007

MM 8/13/2007

Hi Friends!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the nice e-mails wishing me well last week. I was not really sick, maybe just overworked. Our bodies have a way of letting us know when it is time to rest.

August is close to half way gone and I am already seeing the slightest signs of fall. The leaves are beginning to change, and there is a smell that lingers in the evenings that makes you start to think of the smell of soup cooking, and putting on a cozy sweatshirt. I am sure it is also because we are having such a mild summer, with temps only in the 80s and 90s. In any case, I love fall, and it makes me feel good to get excited about its arrival.

We spent this weekend rearranging things a bit for a welcome addition to our family. Colton is coming to Auburn to give Sierra living a try. Dave and I worked furiously to get his room cleared of our stuff and set up for him. We even put a fresh coat of paint on the walls and snapped in some laminate flooring (the 1977 orange shag carpet was was a genuine moldy-oldie!). Mason is especially excited to have Colton here, he keeps asking me if Colton is allowed to play with his toys!

So now it is off to work. As I sit here writing, my phone is ringing and voice mails are being left. I have several pressing issues today so I better get to it, or "hop-sing" as Dave says. I don't really know what that means, but he uses it in the context of "go! go!" So going, I am!

Have a great week and I am leaving you with a quote that keeps coming up with Mason. At almost four, he tells me he "can't" when he doesn't want to do something. I then tell him I don't know what that word means, "can't." I then ask him what success comes in and he happily shouts "Cans!" Yes, Success comes in cans. Failure, in cant's.

No comments: