Cherries

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Monday Motivator 11/26/07


Happy last Monday of November!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Dave and I did something different this year, and I think we will stick with it. We did not celebrate with everyone else on Thursday. Instead, we slept in, scoured the adds, cleaned the house, went to a movie, and had Jack-in-the-Box for dinner. I know it sounds crazy, but it was so nice to be able to have two full days getting ready for our celebration on Saturday. It was wonderful!

We had five of our friends over for Thanksgiving Saturday. Dave christened our new grill with the best turkey any of us have ever had. He used a recipe from Alton Brown, from the Food Network. Wow! It really was the best any of us have ever eaten. After dinner, we sat out by the fire, enjoyed the hot tub, and finally wound up the night playing Taboo around the coffee table while the crantinis flowed! So, so much to be thankful for.

Now it is back to work, and almost itme to welcome December. Today I pledge to enjoy this holiday season. I intend to make it stress free, and to only do the things that will be memorable and uplifting. I will do less shopping and practice more family traditions. What about you? What do you want your holday season to be? Have a wonderful week, and let me be the first to wish you happy holidays!

Enjoy this quote from Nelson Mandela. It moves me everytime I read it. I hope it moves you, too.

Love Kathy

"The first thing is to be honest with yourself. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself. … Great peacemakers are all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility."


— Nelson Mandela

2 comments:

Big Mike said...

I like this more personal format.

Kathy said...

Yes, me, too. Thanks for chiming in!