Cherries

Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday Motivator


Welcome to December!

I am having one of those mornings where there is so much to do, that I can't quite figure out where to start! I have a mile long list of little tasks, and then another list of things to do that will take a little more time. Usually, when I find myself in this place, I knock out as many of the little things as I can, and then settle in to tackle the bigger things. For some reason though, I am just a little more scatter-brained today. I suspect regardless of my current state of mind, everything will eventually get done.

We had a really wonderful weekend. Dave, Mason, and I went to Columbia State Park. What fun! We tootled the town, watched as they made giant candy canes at Nelson's Candy shop, and rode on the stage coach. We were the only family on the coach and during our trip, we were stopped by a bandit! Yes, a man with a gun! Dave and I enjoyed the theatrics, but Mason was genuinely frightened. After we were back on our way, safe and sound, I explained to Mason that it was just a show. I am not sure he believed me. After all that excitement, Dave and Mason had the best time climbing in and on the rocks. Those of you who have been to Columbia know what I am talking about. We stayed overnight in Sonora and since it got dark so early, we had a party in our hotel room We went to the local Save-Mart and each got a treat. We went back to our room and watched television in our jammies and ate junk food. Mason thought that was the best! Sunday, we headed home early and got to decorating the house for Christmas.

I was hoping to get a great photo of all of us for our Christmas card, but that didn't happen. I guess I need to come up with a plan B. I hope you are all getting in the Christmas spirit and looking forward to lots of holiday fun this month. I know we are! Have a great week and make sure you are only doing what warms your heart. This is the motivator that we are practicing. Hopefully, with consistency, Mason will get it.

Lots of love!

Kathy

Ask your children two questions this Christmas. First: "What do you want to give to others for Christmas?" Second: "What do you want for Christmas?" The first fosters generosity of heart and an outward focus. The second can breed selfishness if not tempered by the first. - Anonymous

No comments: