Cherries

Monday, August 11, 2008

Work! Work! Work!

Work! Work! Work! That's what this weekend was all about. Dave did all the hard, dirty work, but I certainly filled in the gaps. Some of the stuff I had to do was to wrangle Mason to keep him out from under Dave's feet while he split more than two cords of wood with a rented splitter. Having rented the "machine of magic," as Dave called it, he couldn't put it off and do a little at a time. I did some stacking, but with my shoulder still in recovery, I didn't do nearly as much as I would have liked.

Other than the wood project, we've been working on Auburn's Black & White Ball that's this coming Saturday. There are so many projects to do, and we have had our fair share. Again, Dave more than me. There's still time to get tickets if you want to go (I have two general admission tickets for sale $50 each), check it out at http://www.partyauburn.com/.

So into a new week we go. We all have so much to do, Mason starts kindergarten on Wednesday, and all I can think about is floating in the swimming hole at the river! If we can get there this week, I'll take some pictures and you'll see why it's my new guilty pleasure. Today's quote speaks to taking off to the river in the middle of a workday. Should everything be about how much money is in it? Or what we can put in the bank? I think not, but I can also attest to the stress that is created when the money is not made, and there when you need it! In the meantime, do what you have to do, and make time to do what you want to do! Have a great week!

"I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral." Walt Disney

No comments: