Cherries

Monday, August 25, 2008

All About The Weekend!

Welcome to a new week!

I'm pooped! I had the most amazing weekend and now I'm both inspired and exhausted. This weekend was the Mind to Market seminar in Oakland with Amilya Antonetti. In a nutshell, this was an intensive weekend of segmented education on everything from taking action on a good idea; from how the retail stores really accept new products (how much that costs to even be considered), to finding money to get started, legal stuff regarding patents, trademarks, copyrights, and accounting. Should you be a sole proprietor? A C-corp? An S-corp? A LLC? And then when you figure that out, is your product something you need to brand? Talk about an esoteric topic! Marketing, Public Relations, Creating the Perfect Pitch or better yet, knowing not to pitch and how to build a great working relationship instead. There was even a class on being open to changing the way you think about everything!

I felt like I went into the weekend with lots to learn, but also well on my way. Yeah, right! I not only have so much more to think about, re-think, undo, do differently, and some stuff I'm not going to do at all. It's hard to believe that I could be happy having my glove world picked up, taken apart, shaken vigorously, and all the pieces handed back to me. All the way home in the car, I felt like quitting. As I got home and thought about telling Dave, "Oh well, it was a fun little adventure, now I'm getting a regular job." all I could do was go to bed. Today, I'm still tired, but I'm ready to get back to work. To use the new tools and information to create this dream. So now it's back to the drawing board with all new, better quality paper, paint, tools, and a big dose of, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I know I can."

Today's motivator is my crowning jewel from the weekend. Are you ready? I learned that I talk too much. Yes! It's true.

I care too much. I feel what you think is so important, and so I talk to please you. Stop laughing, I'm serious. I talk too much so you know I love you. It's my way of taking care of the ones I love, be you my family, friends, acquaintances, and customers, I talk so you know I understand. From this day forward, know I love you, I care what you think, and how you feel, but I'm gonna practice the power of quiet.

No comments: