Cherries

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Got a Spare Camera?

Hello All!

Well, we're home and it was certainly a long day yesterday. We left FL on a 6 PM flight, stopped for dinner in TX, and were back on our way to CA just after 9 PM. That put us in Sacramento just after 11 PM where we found our car in the parking lot with a very dead battery. This of course compounded the emotions of an already weary group of travelers (mostly me), and added to the tight time frame we were already working with. You see, Dave was suppose to be home today and then have to travel via a short flight to LA for work on Wednesday. Instead, his commander changed the plan while we were in FL making it necessary for him to be in Sacramento at 7 AM this morning to make the trek south by car. Sheesh! With just a few hours sleep and his bag pre-packed while we were at his dad's house, he's not getting a moments rest.

As for Mason and me, we got a bit more sleep and have to contend with all the stuff you have to do when you return from vacation; laundry, groceries, mail, plants, e-mails, phone calls, appointments, etc. With that said, watch for another e-mail in the next few days with some funny stories and hopefully pictures. I say hopefully because apparently this Partak family in under a dark cloud when it comes to our cameras. The last day of our trip, I had my hand uncasted while sitting by the pool. I reached for our older camera (the one we had before I got my Canon that was stolen in August) and as I was passing it to my injured hand, I sent it strait to the bottom of the pool. I'm currently looking into a recovery service for the memory disk and will happily accept any donations of your "old" digital cameras! As sickening as it was to see the camera sink to the bottom of the pool, the way my hand was up to receive it but did literally nothing was very funny. Talk about a mix of opposite emotions at exactly the same time!

So I'm off to work and will be in touch in a few days! Have a great week!

No comments: