Cherries

Monday, October 20, 2008

What's New?

Hi Friends,

Happy birthday Mason and welcome to another gorgeous fall day. Here in the foothills we're looking forward to a sunny day maybe reaching the low 80's. The colors are changing and it just makes me feel like I want to explode with glee! No kidding, I see these trees that seem electric or neon in their reds and yellows and I want to just squeal. I love this time of year.

So what's new? We're getting back in the swing of things here at home and I'm feeling much better. After two surgeries (all the meds) and a ten day vacation (eating on the road), my body was begging for a break. I put myself on a ten day system cleanse, I'm eating lots of fruits and vegetables, drinking plenty of water, and getting back to intentional exercise. It's amazing how fast we bounce back when we take care to put the good stuff in. The finger is healing but until the pin comes out, I'm having to be be very careful with everything I do with my left hand.

I've also applied for a new job. It's a contract position with the National Guard working with soldiers and their families before, during, and after deployment. I'm really excited about this opportunity and know I can really make a difference doing work like this. Hopefully the interview process will be swift and I can get to work soon.

On the glove front, we got the second round of prototypes on Saturday. They look good, but still need work. My plan is to land this new job while still building our glove empire, pay off the bills we've incurred with patents and such, and sock away as much extra cash as we can. In today's economy, it doesn't make sense to turn away a (good) paying job while we wait for our glove venture to start paying.

Tell me, what's new with you? Do you have a favorite season that makes you feel like fall makes me feel? Do tell!

Today's motivator:

"It doesn't matter where you live, happiness is anywhere your heart is smiling." KP

No comments: