Cherries

Monday, November 17, 2008

Bee Happy Today!


Happy November 17th!

Today is happy because I got to wake up with Dave. Dave has been gone since last Tuesday and wasn't suppose to be home until later today. While we were on the phone yesterday, he commented that he was finished working and just hanging out in his hotel room because the day was designated for family. It was an easy conclusion that he should catch the next plane home and not spend another night away from us. Mason and I put things in high gear and got the house cleaned, put our Thanksgiving decorations up, and put clean sheets on our beds. Before we knew it, we were all snuggled up on the couch planning what kind of fun thing we could do today. Riley was the first one to greet Dave at the door. This was his Halloween costume and though he doesn't like clothes, he likes to make his people happy. How can you not smile seeing my Riley dressed as a bee?

I suggested we take a short drive and see some of Mother Nature's handiwork with the fall foliage. Dave probably wants to just stay home, and Mason wants to go to Chuck E. Cheeses! Ah, back to all the normal stuff that makes me so happy to be a part of this loving family.

What did you do this weekend? Jot me a note and let me know! Better yet, log on to my IW blog and join Lisa A. and I in our gratitude journal. I was right, there really are benefits in sharing in what we are grateful for. Have a great week and make sure to stop and appreciate the next brilliant display of color in the trees and bushes all around you.

No comments: