Cherries

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Hi Friends,

I'm late today because I was in Truckee this weekend and arrived home just today. When I got home, Dave and Mason met me to head out to find our Christmas tree so I didn't have a chance to sit and write to you.

The weekend started off with some very sad news. Our horse Chance was involved in a devastating accident and had to be euthanized. It's still very upsetting and we are doing our best to deal with the deep sadness.

On a lighter note, Lisa and I spent the weekend in Truckee making heartfelt Christmas goodies for our friends and family. We made decorated sugar cookies, oatmeal-cranberry-orange cookies, chocolate-peppermint sandwich cookies, and mixed nut brittle. We bagged them to look even prettier and enjoyed each others company. I really enjoyed being able to share my cookie making talent with Lisa and I think she made her way home feeling very proud of her cookie creations.

Finally, Dave, Mason, and I picked out our Christmas tree and put it up. We will decorate it tomorrow and then I'll have to get to the business of wrapping gifts to finish painting the picture of Christmas.

I hope you are in the holiday spirit and enjoying the people in your life. After all, the joy of the Christmas season comes from those we love, not the things we possess.

No comments: