Cherries

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Grand Poobah

Happy Monday!

We had a heat wave this weekend! Over 100 degrees both days. A far cry from the mild 80 degrees we were experiencing just a week ago.

The Grand Poobah was last weekend and I haven't shared any of the laughs with you. Last Monday, I was on a plane to Minnesota to participate in a focus group. That meant I was getting home from four days of camping only to do a load or two of laundry, repack my bags, and get back on the road. The trip to MN was incredible, but I'll share more about that later.

This year's Poobah was a hoot! The theme was Trailer Park Poobah and it may go down in the history books as "Funniest Poobah of all Time!" I personally was stumped for a costume. Mason and Dave were easy, but everything I was coming up with was just too cliche. I ended up being that woman who thinks she's better than the rest, yet in many cases, is more crass with less tact! You know, just think animal prints, high shoes, lots of make-up, and gold lame! Very Funny! I'm not going to try to explain this, just check out the pictures at the end of this post.

The S'mores contest was a big hit! Everyone who came up with a recipe brought something totally original to the table. I brought all the fixin's for dessert s'mores like the traditional recipe with fresh strawberries, or blueberries, or cherries. DELICIOUS! If you brought a recipe, please e-mail it to me (again), I'm sure I have it, but it would save me the time of looking for it. Thanks!

So now we are getting ready to hit the road again. Dave, Mason, and I will be spending the 4th of July in Windsor, CA in Sonoma. Julie offered her timeshare to us, and since it was nearly free, we decided to make it our family vacation. I'll be sure to share all of our road trip adventures with you when we return! Have a wonderful week and a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments: