Cherries

Monday, November 9, 2009

Some Rain Must Fall

In a really wonderful life, some rain must fall. The rain being tears shed. I'm crying less at losing Riley though still riding the ocean of emotions missing him. I guess this is my time to learn about grief because in a very Déjà vu moment, I got a call on the way home from Palm Springs that my dear friend Eileen passed away on Saturday night. Just two short weeks after Riley, and both notifications while traveling home from somewhere fun. I absolutely refuse to believe this nonsense about things happening in three's and will simply choose to know that people lose their loved ones everyday. I've been so incredibly fortunate to not have to deal with loss in my life until now. I get it. This is not to say I haven't lost a loved one, I have. The difference has been that my father and my grandmother were both very old, and lived long lives. This losing those too soon, well, we can all agree it's not fair and it's very painful.

I have more to share but not now, tonight. Stay tuned for some good news. In the meantime, don't miss an opportunity to show your love, give a hug, make that phone call, or just smile at people you encounter walking down the street. You never know who's day you might make with a simple kind gesture.

With all my love,
Kathy

No comments: