Cherries

Monday, January 4, 2010

Hope In 2010!

Happy New Year!

I love that I'm writing today's Monday Motivator from the great room in the Anderson's Truckee house. It's Sunday but I have been so inspired being here in the mountains, that now is the time to write. For the first time in months, I'm feeling like I'm finished mourning the loss of my Riley. We talked about what a special dog he was and I found that I can smile. It's not to say a tear won't occasionally fall, but I'm seeing more of the light he left that will always be his memory.

All of you know me and know that the new year fills me with hope. It's been two years since we started our ZipperBack Glove business and this year it will take off. Four of our fifteen retailers sold out and reordered, more than 25%! We have our big snowsports industry trade show coming up the end of this month and have very high hopes for many orders for next season. Dave had a monumental moment while we at a local ice skating rink with Mason. He saw a little girl wearing ZipperBack Gloves and couldn't help blurting out, "She's wearing our gloves!" It's one thing for people we know to have them, but to see someone who made the choice to spend their money on our product, well, that's a moment that stays with you.

I can't think of a nicer way to ring in a new year, in the mountains with David and Lisa, and their friends (and now ours, too!) Peter and Kathy Shea. We played in the snow, took Mason ice skating, Dave and I had an opportunity to go to North Shore for a date where we met up with Rod, and had plenty of time to watch movies and read. True friends and good times, what more could we want? Pictures! You can see pictures below!

I wish for you in 2010, good health, time with friends, peace, and abundance. Happy New Year!

No comments: