Cherries

Monday, September 13, 2010

Busy! Busy! Busy!

This was a weekend full of opportunities, much like many weekends I suppose, but in Auburn some weekends there are many big events that you just can't do it all.

Friday we went to the fair, Fast Fridays motorcycle races, ate some fair food (I love the corn dog!), and we rocked out to our 80's favorites with Tainted Love!

Saturday, Mason and I took care of some business while Dave was off at a game day and we all met up at James and Lisa's for a barbecue that evening. What a lovely group of people and kids (that sounds like I'm implying kids aren't people...I crack myself up!). Mason had a ball with Dolan and guess what happened? Mason asked if he could spend the night, James said, "yes" and Dave and I got a bonus date night! I LOVE when that happens! I can't say we painted the town red or anything, but a Redbox, some microwave popcorn and getting to sleep in on Sunday, well, that's alright!

Sunday Dave went to a Tea Party rally, I got groceries and we met up with James and Lisa again at the fair for the Demolition Derby. The boys all went to the crash-'em smash-'em while Lisa and I worked in the Sierra Brokers Real Estate booth and then we headed home for bath and bed time. All in all, it was a lovely weekend. A good balance of work and play and lots of time with friends!

What about you, did you do anything fun this weekend? Do tell, I would love to hear!

Today's motivator really resonates with me right now. I am in a cycle where I am having to think and rethink something. Have you ever had to do that? Did you come up with a solution that allowed you to do what you wanted to do? I'm hopeful I've found my solution but the answer still remains to be seen. I'll keep you posted!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
- Buckminster Fuller

No comments: