Cherries

Monday, September 20, 2010

Making Amends and It's Fall!

The week is here! My favorite week of the year....Fall officially begins this week! The weather has been cooperating as well, a little overcast, some sprinkles yesterday...it really puts me in the mood to rake leaves, build a fire, make a pot of soup, and bake cookies.

In the meantime, on another frequency our family is going through many of the same things families all across the country are going through. Financial/mortgage stuff, balancing all of our daily chores with a little of what we "want" to do and suffice it say, we sometime get crabby. I've been crabby on and off for the last week or two and God bless my husband for putting up with me. I was given some sage advice before we married to always choose my words and before I speak them, make sure they are loving and will lift my husband up. I've not been practicing that lately and I feel the hurt in my heart. I feel that he doesn't feel my love for him the way I truly feel it. I really opened my eyes to this when I witnessed someone else not choosing her words as carefully as I thought she could. I'm sharing this with all of you because as a weekly column about life, good and bad, I want to share with you when it's not all rosy. I want you to know that we all have times we have to say, "I'm sorry" and make amends. This is one of those times for me. Are you listening Dave?

With that, I always seem to bounce back and find something to smile about. Mason and I were invited to a freinds house to pick apples. What fun! After a lovely visit we came home and made mini apple pies. I have some work to do making apple butter and pie filling, but I'm looking forward to it, the weather is lending itself to apples and cinnamon simmering on the stove. What lifts you up when you've been down? For me it is the colors and smells of fall, oh and the singing-cooked-turkey hat at K-Mart! How can you take life so seriously holding a singing-cooked-turkey hat?

I wish I had said this, but I didn't. Doesn't mean I can't...and I will! Big smiles!

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

No comments: