Cherries

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Good Problem To Have

Have you ever had a good problem? You know, the kind that has you jumping through hoops and running in circles but you're actually grateful that you have the issue? Well, I have just such a situation right now. I'm going crazy juggling inventory, fielding customer questions, trying to handle web site issues, taking new retailer information and orders, and filling ZipperBack Glove orders directly from our site. It's a lot of work for one elf (it is Christmas after all!), but I think we all agree a season-two sell out would be a good thing!


With the success we are seeing with ZipperBack Gloves, we are also happy to report a huge upswing in the participation and community support for See's for Soldiers. We are in year six and have grown from a single Kiwanis club to 14 clubs all throughout the state of CA and Sutter Buttes Canine Rescue in Yuba City as well! Fox40 did a piece on it yesterday as well as The Eagle radio station. You can se Dave in action at www.seesforsoldiers.blogspot.com. And speaking of Fox 40 news, they are doing a piece on ZipperBack Gloves on Tuesday. I'll send you that one next week! Smiles!

Dave, Mason and I went to cut down our Christmas tree and it's up. As it goes with Dave and Christmas, bigger is better and we have a 12 foot tall tree. It's possible he's even outdone himself with his outdoor decorations this year. I'm baking and pouring lots of love into goodies that when all wrapped up will be our gifts for Christmas. Needless to say, things like sitting down to write keep getting pushed by the wayside and Monday Motivators go out on Tuesday evening. I started addressing Christmas cards last night and was thinking about a year-end letter to include with our personal card. I smiled when I realized there was no reason to add another thing to my to-do list as you guys don't need a year-end letter, you get a weekly update! Of course that lead me right back to that I hadn't written it yet and by a technicality, Monday was over. Welcome to my world of long lists, circular thoughts, and good problems to have.

Happy Tuesday and know you are able to handle all that comes your way, good and bad. Problems will come and go so you may as well do the best you can and enjoy the journey because after all, is there really a destination at all?

No comments: